Thursday, November 11, 2010

Secret Six #27

Things take an odd turn in this next chapter of the battle of the Secret Sixes. Bane's team faces down Scandal's, but after things get serious with Bane's injury, everyone decides to calm down and talk things out. (Well, Jeannette decides to stop the combat, overriding Deadshot and some others).

Scandal's team goes to team up with some other Skataris folks, so that each Six now have their own back-up army. I must confess I know absolutely nothing about any of these guys. I know Catman puts on Warlord's costume, but I don't know about who the surprise-return villain is, I don't know who the good guys are, and I'm not sure if I need to care...

What Gail Simone does a great job on (once again) is the interaction of the leads. The two Sixes have some great matchups, with the King Shark/Ragdoll fight being the strongest. And Amanda Waller shows why she's one of the craftiest plotters in the DCU. Spy Smasher is simply out of her element going up against the Wall.

Jim Calafiore has settled in as penciller, I like his heavy blacks on the big guys like Bane and King Shark. I still miss Nicole Scott, but Calafiore isn't bad.

Fair (would be Good if I understood Skataris)

No comments: