Monday, November 15, 2010

Justice League: Generation Lost #13

Guys, this issue was totally radical to the extreme. Watch out for hardcore spoilers below!


There was like, a whole city that got blown up, and Magog blew his own head off! When he blew it off, there were like chunks of brains and stuff everywhere! (Hey kids, comics!) It's really awesome at the end, because ANOTHER DCU city gets blown up when Captain Atom explodes! I mean, last week in JSA, a whole city got blown up, and this week, another one does! That's hardcore, huh?

In fact, this issue is just ok. Winnick does his best to rush in some characterization to make us care a little bit about Magog. Since he hasn't been a factor in this book until now, though, it is too little too late. I mean, DC must have really reversed its feelings on Magog if he went from having his own book to a one-time appearance in this title where he dies. Max Lord does succeed in doing his White Lantern job, so he's back to stay. I haven't been keeping tabs, how are the other returnees doing?

I do have to say I'm disappointed in the level of gore and destruction in these last couple DCU books. I mean, the heroes really are incompetent, and the only answer for this level of danger for civilians is the death penalty for most super-villains. I mean, two cities in like two weeks? That's ridiculous!

Joe Bennett's art is fine, as always, he does his best work on Blue Beetle (who spends the issue running away). I did like Magog, and Bennett drew him well, so at least he went out looking good.

Fair

No comments: