Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall 2012 Sublist Shakedown!

I’m trying really hard to still be excited about comic books. I’m not sure if it’s the state of the industry, the start of fantasy football season, or what, but I’m finding it tough to force myself out to the comic store during my lunch break on Wednesdays. Some weeks I come in a few days late, an inconceivable idea for most of my life.

My feelings on DC’s output are clear. As of this fall, I will be down to one DC comic a month, Peter Tomasi’s Green Lantern Corps. I also ordered that crazy online deal that gave you a year’s subscription to Green Lantern and Batman for about 10 bucks each, so those will be coming in the mail, but I assume they’ll be late. That will be it for my DC reviews from here on out. (Barring a re-set to the old DCU. I’m still holding out hope!)

Marvel NOW has me pretty excited. There are a lot of good-looking books, and I’m going to get a lot of them. But I can’t help but feel that the TWELVE issues of AvX has been too long. The momentum is gone from the book, and at this point I’m just waiting for the story to wrap up. The crossovers are mostly pointless, and it seems that only when the books return to their normally scheduled stories (for example, Secret Avengers) do things pick back up. Too many writers have been treading water waiting for AvX to conclude.

In Marvel NOW, I’ll be buying floppies of titles that come with digital download codes, and probably buying digital copies of $2.99 titles. 70 long boxes is enough!

I will continue purchasing the Transformers titles and Hypernaturals as they hit $1.99 digitally. Are people interested in reviews on these books if they are a month late? Maybe weekend posts?

Here’s the sublist for Fall 2012:

1. All-New X-Men

2. Avengers

3. Avenging Spider-Man

4. Batman Inc.* (until Morrison leaves)

5. Captain America

6. Daredevil

7. Fantastic Four*

8. FF*

9. Green Lantern Corps

10. Hawkeye

11. Hypernaturals*

12. Indestructible Hulk

13. Invincible

14. Iron Man

15. Red She-Hulk*

16. Thor

17. Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye*

18. Transformers: Robots in Disguise*

19. Uncanny Avengers

20. Walking Dead

21. Winter Soldier (till Brubaker leaves)

22. Wolverine & the X-Men

*Digital purchase

No comments: