Thursday, May 26, 2011

Justice League of America #57


I’m trying, I really am. But this is not the Justice League! I’d be so much more interested in the lineup that Eclipso has dominated (Zauriel, Cyborg, Red Tornado, Dr. Light, and Bulleteer) than I am in Congorilla, Starman, Saint Walker, and Jesse Quick. I do like James Robinson’s use of Obsidian as an actual good guy, and I appreciate Alan Scott’s heroics in his old identity, but there are just too many scrubs in this lineup.

The constant discussion between Eclipso and his host gets a little wearing too. I started to lose interest when the talking had nothing to do with the action in the panels.

Speaking of panels, Brett Booth’s art is still odd to me. The flow between the pages was unclear in a few places, and I don’t like the way he draws faces. It’s not that he’s awful, but surely a clearer artist could work on DC’s flagship team?

Average

No comments: