Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Booster Gold #44


I’m really going to try and give Flashpoint a try. I always enjoyed Elseworlds, it’s just that as my comic budget shrank, I started wanting to focus on books that “count” either for the universe or the main character. This issue hits both requirements, since I love Booster and now I’m suspecting a line-wide reboot following Flashpoint.

Only Booster Gold (and Skeets!) could make it through his entire comic without realizing what’s going on. By the end, he does understand he’s in an alternate timeline, but man, he just blithely goes along with everything for most of the issue. I know this is a guy used to time-traveling and bouncing around in reality, but still, his sister and best friend just disappeared and his HQ turned into a dump! Wouldn’t you be a little concerned?

Dan Jurgens does a great job showing how Booster just shakes off his concerns and just sets out to correct the problem. Booster figures he can handle the problem, so why worry? (Doomsday’s appearance as a government operative on the last page is a pretty darn good reason, actually.)

Jurgens’ handles the art too, and everything looks just right. I love Chris Batista’s take on the character, but no one draws Booster Gold better than his creator.

Good

No comments: