Monday, December 13, 2010

Booster Gold #39

I loved Ted Kord/Blue Beetle, he and Booster were the characters that brought me to DC back in the Invasion days. But man, poor Booster needs to make some new friends! The poor guy spends this whole issue moping and hanging around Ted's grave. One way to look at it is that this is going to finally give Booster some closure about the death of his best friend, and that's a good thing. Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis certainly know and appreciate the friendship between these characters, since they created it, but I think Booster needs to move on or he's going to ONLY be defined by who his friend was.

And there is definite hope here, Skeets remains an awesome friend and sidekick, and with Rip Hunter and Michelle Carter hanging around along with Boosters adopted "daughter," he's got a great supporting cast in place. There are even elements of a new bad guy with ties to the Nazis Booster and General Glory put down last issue. What I'm saying is, I love this book, I love how Giffen and DeMatteis have such a wonderful feel for the past. They've been able to re-create an awesome era in these pages. But I'm also excited about seeing Booster move forward as a character too.

Chris Batista is perfect for this title. His clean lines work so well on that shiny suit!

Good

No comments: