Here are the news bits that caught my eye, in order of importance:
- Nightcrawler is coming back! He’ll be starring in his own series AND be featured in a new title Amazing X-Men by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness. Amazing X-Men is going to be a book about the teachers at the Jean Grey Academy being super-heroes again. Any and all of the teachers at the academy will be eligible to appear in the book. Can’t wait!
- The Avengers sequel is called “Age of Ultron” and will feature the rise of that villain. I guess there is no Hank Pym in the film, which is a bummer, but Joss Whedon is already promising lots of Hawkeye.
- Warner Bros. 2015 super-hero movie is going to be Superman/Batman. They aren’t going to put it off any longer; the sequel to Man of Steel will have Bats!
- It doesn’t look good for the Scarlet Witch in Rick Remender’s Uncanny Avengers. He’s promising to kill off some team members, and I’ve got to say, I don’t like Wonder Man’s chances. Steve McNiven will be joining the book soon, too, continuing the run of stellar artists blessing the book.
- Transformers Regeneration One is ending with issue #100. Sad.
- All-out war is coming to Walking Dead (the comic). Big conflicts with large factions. It is a smart move to keep changing up the conflict types, and there are certainly enough factions around to get this started.
- Brian Wood and Terry Dodson are bringing back Lady Deathstrike in X-Men.
- I remain uninterested in Infinity. Simply too many chapters getting to a conflict that doesn’t even boil down to a concept I understand.
- The New Warriors will be appearing in Zeb Wells’ Nova. I don’t suppose we might hear from Richard Rider soon?